Monday, May 4, 2015

Day 3: The Game Continues

As you can tell from my title...game progress has continued, lol.
This is the part where I start to get tired of a game and want to quit, but hopefully I can push through and keep going!

Fixed stuff from before, adjusted collision boxes and fixed tiles so jumping around seems less unintuitive (before, it looked like you could walk on air and such). Wasted a ton of time on art (even after incorporating some spare stuff I had done before from past game projects), but now I have some basic UI and a second screen where players can check in on their little actor and see stats later, hopefully.


Also added coins and a counter, though I still need to make sure coins don't come back after switching screens. (made it so your actor comes back in the same spot though).

Also, a swf to play:

Will probably stop with the swfs as soon as I make some decent level/gameplay progress, which hopefully will be tomorrow! Really want to get some levels designed to play through and implement some challenge (enemy or health reducing terrain...or both).

Also started the beginning of some music. It's been so long since I've tried to do music and Garageband keeps quitting in the middle of working which is driving me crazy though D:

My computer keeps lagging while trying to play test, and I barely have anything going on. I'm not sure if its the walking/jumping/collisions, since I haven't done so much collision stuff before. Or its just my computer being laggy. Either way, porting this for mobile later (my current plan *fingers crossed*) is not looking so good if its laggy on a computer now.

Anyway...in writing up this post, the screenshots actually don't look half bad. But the game burnout feeling is so real, and it's only been a few days? I think this is why I always start with art, so I guilt myself into not giving up aha xD


No comments:

Post a Comment