Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Day 4: Level Design

Still plugging away.

Added double jump and changed coins so they won't respawn if collected (surprisingly only took a few minutes).

Worked out some rough ideas of level progression/navigation:

Also worked on a lot of random arts,  and came up with some more tiles to match the scenery change I'd like to have, etc.



I definitely have to stop being so perfectionist about having all the right art assets if I ever want to finish this game. I think I'll make a bg or two, a few sprite effects, but stop defnitely myself from adding any more tiles and misc items.

Played with tint effects for darker level and was fairly impressed with how easy it was to work with!

The game lags something awful on my computer and makes playtesting/level forming a nightmare. The funny thing is is plays just fine on my ipad when I use a flash browser to play the swf. So it's probably just my computer. Seeing as it also decided to completely freeze while I had unsaved stuff still open, it's 99% definitely the computer. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out or work around it tomorrow I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment