Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day ...8? Last Day! (kinda)

Whew, finally submitted my game xP

Go play it on Newgrounds!
Or check out some screenshots and stuff in my Stencyl post!

Anyway, some fun screenshots, because pictures are better than words!

~ Screenshots from ingame play. But who needs screenshots when you could just go play the game, right?

~Garageband music score. So rusty with my music...haven't really touched it since last year and had to slow tempo down a lot haha xD

The game still has some issues but should be playable (it takes me a little under 20 minutes to get to the end. I'm kind of a slow person, but then I do know the location and order of everything, so it would probably even out? xD

There was so much I did end of yesterday/today (took a long break over the weekend for family stuff)  ...and I realized if I tried to write it up, it'd probably take longer than just fixing the things on the spot. Except there were so very very many of these little small things to fix. D: And they're not all entirely fixed, but hopefully all the game-breaking ones were found and corercted by now. Guess that's why they say that last 10 % is hardest?

From here I will try to add in all the extra stuff I had to cut (hopefully more music, some cutscenes/actual storyline, etc.) and optimization for mobile will be in the future. I hope, anyway. Have to decide between rushing to fit it in with the end of my Stencyl subscription or take more time to flesh out the game playing experience before trying to push it into the android platform. Guess I'll see how I'm feeling after I stop hating the game from playtesting it so much.

But all in all, I'm really happy with the experience! It was a ton of fun to attempt a game in about a week, even if I probably should have started sooner for the least stressful method of standing a chance in the game jam. The last time I attempted to make a game in a week timeframe was back in 2011 with Scratch ~ and the result was hardly a playable demo, much less a game! I've come so far in terms of art/programming/scope management that I can't wait to see where I can head from here. I think I'll write up a proper post mortem (always wanted to title something that!) on what really worked this time, what I learned etc...after I get some sleep :P



No comments:

Post a Comment